Friday, December 4, 2009

Tiff's B-day and Ornament Making Night

So Monday the 30th was my friend Tiffany's birthday. She and her husband Joe spent the Holiday in Utah as well, and had just returned home Sunday night. So naturally we had to do something fun, considering it had been a week since we had all seen each other. So we started the evening with BBQ (which was way good by the way), and then, I was introduced to the tradition of Ornament Making Night! So let me tell you how this goes. We start by going to the Dollar Tree and each purchase 5 items(side note-apparently the goal is to get the most ridiculous items possible that you would never imagine turning into an ornament). We then went back to Joe and Tiff's and combine all of the purchases.

The table full of all of the randomness that we bought.

We then assign each item a number, and put all of those numbers in a bowl. Then we went around the table and drew one number at a time. So you may not end up with any of the items that you actually purchased. Which by the way, I did not. Then with the 5 items that you have, you create some sort of ornament. It doesn't really matter what you do, the only rule is that you have to use all 5 items, at least part of them.


Cute picture of Joe and Tiff (don't mind Matt in the background). So by the way, the 5 things I ended up with were; a weird mirrored Christmas tree, a roll of gauze, a GIANT red comb, a tacky orange negligee (yes they sell those at the dollar store), and a blue foot massager.



The Felt Family



Here's baby Tay holding Matt's ornament.




Leave it to Tiff to come up with something beautiful out of so much crap. Her tree was awesome.


Andy's thing actually turned out kinda cool too. He made something that looked like a propeller out of safety pins and red hots! Can't see it very well from the side view, but pretty sweet.

And here's mine. Scary I know, but honestly, I did not know what to do with that. I probably stared at my stuff for 10 minutes before even starting anything. But its all good! Now I have some weird creepy tree thing, that I guess I'm supposed to be hanging on my tree!
Yay for ornament night!







2 comments:

Tara said...

You are so awesome!! You made that ornament look a lot better than I could have!!! What a fun memory! So glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving with my fam!!! We love you and you are welcome to hang with us when ever you want to!!! By the way...I need your address. Will you please email it to me?

Anonymous said...

Awesome, you go girl!