Thursday, August 13, 2009

Parenting Woes

So lately I have been having so many issues with this whole parenting thing. I know everyone feels that way at one point or another, some of us feel like it is a never ending battle (my poor sister Amber). But I am at that point where I feel like I am a total idiot, and that Jessie would be better off with someone else. Apparently others have noticed this, because Amber tells me monday night that there is this class that I need to go to. Its called "Love and Logic" has anyone else heard of this? Well I went to that class last night, and we will see I guess how it all goes. For now all I have learned is that when Jessie gets into trouble I am supposed to use a sympathy phrase like "Bummer.." or " that is so sad", so that she learns to take responsibility for her bad action instead of just seeing that I am always mad at her! Anyway, I guess if anyone else feels like they have hit a wall, this may be something to considder. Updates to follow.....

1 comments:

Tami said...

Melissa, I think you are a wonderful mom. Everyone feels overwhelmed at times. You are a wonderful mom and Jessie knows that she is loved and she is very well behaved.