Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Job Idea?

Okay, so I have been thinking a lot lately about other occupational options. I know that I always have hair to fall back on, and I have every intent on continuing to do that, but my day job lately has been dwindling. So it has caused me to think about other things I could do. Plus, I realize that I need to come to terms with the fact that I may always have to work to support my tiny family, so I have been wracking my brain to find something that I can Love along the way. So the other day I was watching HGTV, for those of you who don't know, I am obsessed. Well this commercial came on for a home staging company called Haverhill. It also said that they have their own training institute. So naturally, it peaked my interest. I have always been into this sort of thing, and thought, "What a cool job to have". Right? I would think that my friend Tara could appreciate this. When I first met her, I re-arranged her living room! Anyway, I did a little research on the company and program, and found that you can complete the training in just 2 months, or even less if you are way dedicated, and it only costs $1000. I figure thats a small investment, if its actually gonna work. And suposedly, they have guarenteed job placement after you finish the program. And if they don't hire you, they give you your money back. So my question to all of you is, does this sound like a good idea? Is there really a need for Home Stagers? I just don't know, I havent been in the situation to use one before, and am wondering if many people do. Anyway, comments or opinions would be appreciated! Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Talltiffany said...

Glad you checked out our blog....and so fun to see yours. I serioulsy love HGTV too! I knew you were awesome, but that just seals the deal. :) I have seen the commercial for haverill, and it definitely made me curious. Are there any reviews by students that have gone through the program? That's what I would look into. See if they feel that it was a succesful/helpful program.

Tara said...

Well, you totally have the gift for it! You would SO love it and you would be fantastic at it! If you don't do that you should go to school for interior design! That would be the coolest job ever! Let us know what you decide!

Watt-Hayes Family said...

Hey! yeah i've seen that show too! Love it! My moms Best Friend does staging in WA. But she was starting it as her own business and it was hard, busy at first then hard cause she had to buy all the stuff then reimburse when paid. so i would say go for it if you work under a company that is already started and busy. but with the market the way it is for relaters, you'd most likely be busy. i would think. Defiantly e doing lots of google'n for all the info on school and everything about it! Best of Luck!
Your good at everything you do, so i have complete faith in what you do!