Friday, September 18, 2009

Parenting Tactic Backfires

So you know how I was taking that "Love and logic" Parenting class? Well one of the tactics that they teach is the "giving choices" tool. The point of this is to make the child feel like they have the power, when really you are giving them the option between two things tht would end up with the result that YOU would want. Example; "Are you going to get in the car all by yourself, or does mommy need to put you in?" Okay, so not a perfect example, but you get the idea.
Well this morning, Jessie used the tactic on me! Thats right, my 2 year old has outsmarted the system.

When I left to go out last night, she was already in bed, but apparently she woke up and ended up in my parents room. So when I asked her about it this morning, she said "You're not supposed to leave me mommy." I said "I know, I'm sorry but you were already asleep, I didn't know you were going to wake up." She reply's "Are you going to stay here, or are you going to not leave me? Which one, mommy?" She then felt like she needed to repeat herself when I didn't respond right away.

Basically feel like I'm doomed. This kid is way to smart for her own good!

4 comments:

Watt-Hayes Family said...

oh thats to funny! wow she picked up on that.. no tricking her! All i get when i as kylan is "no"!
thanks for the comment too, i feel the same that when keep updates on your blogs it really keeps us connected too! :) miss ya

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

She is way too smart! :) Funny how we think we are the ones raising them...

Tara said...

Such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh that made me laugh...I tell you, her and Jared make quite the 2 year olds. I love it!